Required Reading: Prepping for Actions
Want support for your action?
Please read the following tips to prep your group to work with Up Against the Law Legal collective
- Take this process seriously.
- Contact us as early in your process as you can.
- Arrange KYR and Arrest Process training.
- Distribute the arrest hotline (484-758-0388) number.
- Have each activist review everything in Know Your Rights
- Gather vitals (name on license, contact info, DOB, emergency contact info, special needs, etc.) from each activist. Here’s a sample form.
- Begin organizing arrest support.
- Review KYR essentials.
- Write down the arrest hotline number (484-758-0388) on your hand.
- Observe police and (un)civil affairs conduct.
- Report arrests to the arrest hotline.
- Arrest support.
- Communicate with us.
- Attend meetings with us.
- Attend meetings with the lawyers and us.
- Work with your attorney(s).
- Appear at court on time.